Even so, not all novelists should take this on--you need some computer savvy and a genuine interest in doing it. However, if you want to try it, we've come up with a one-on-one course that will give you a good start on designing your own novel with Microsoft Word. The text, that is. The cover is another story. The class has the following elements.
- Achieving Balance: Style, Readability, and Space
- Preparing Your Manuscript: Dashes, Spacing Mistakes, Ellipses and More
- Defining Your Page: Margins, Headers, and Footers
- Defining Your Basic Fonts: Font Styles and Uses, Font Sizes
- Defining Your Paragraphs: Line Length, Line Spacing, and Justification or Not
- Defining Other Elements: Chapter Headings, Indents.
- Getting the Bugs Out: Widows, Orphans, and Other Bad Breaks
- Getting to the Printer: The Trouble with Word.
The Publishing Pro